day one

day one
My name is Jo Nasvik and The Missoula Dress Project is a one-month performance art piece as part of my BFA thesis. As an artist I am interested in the intersection of street art, performance art, and drawing. During the month of February I have committed to wearing this wedding gown daily and will be sewing and pinning onto the dress the evidence of my consumption. Such as coffee cups, wrappers, plastic bags, paper scraps, aluminum cans.....and so on. It is important to me that my art has cultural meaning, so I chose a wedding dress to indicate the excessive "marriage" between consumers and industry.


Sunday, February 26, 2012


Day 25 & 26
 I cant believe that I have only three days left in the dress. The possibilities that await March are so exciting and I feel ready for anything. I have learned so much about myself through this project that I cant wait to apply it all to my life. Change will come and is a crucial part of the next chapter. Three days of hard, long, work and I will be done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment