day one

day one
My name is Jo Nasvik and The Missoula Dress Project is a one-month performance art piece as part of my BFA thesis. As an artist I am interested in the intersection of street art, performance art, and drawing. During the month of February I have committed to wearing this wedding gown daily and will be sewing and pinning onto the dress the evidence of my consumption. Such as coffee cups, wrappers, plastic bags, paper scraps, aluminum cans.....and so on. It is important to me that my art has cultural meaning, so I chose a wedding dress to indicate the excessive "marriage" between consumers and industry.


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 29
So I managed to squeeze a few hours of sleep in, but I was not able to finish the dress. There is just too much crap. I could have just stuck it all on there, but after investing so much time and energy into this project, it just didn't feel right. So I guess my work will continue even though I will no longer be wearing it. For now....the show must go on! It looks like we are getting some heavy weather and I am praying that it is snow and not rain because this dress is not even close to being water-proof. Oh....if you are a blog viewer and live here in Missoula, you should come and celebrate the long month of February. The KettleHouse on the North-side is hosting a Sadie Hawkins pint night for MUD. I am pretending that it is my reception! I will be there from 6-8 and would be happy to celebrate with those who have been following. WOW!!! down to hours now

No comments:

Post a Comment