day one

day one
My name is Jo Nasvik and The Missoula Dress Project is a one-month performance art piece as part of my BFA thesis. As an artist I am interested in the intersection of street art, performance art, and drawing. During the month of February I have committed to wearing this wedding gown daily and will be sewing and pinning onto the dress the evidence of my consumption. Such as coffee cups, wrappers, plastic bags, paper scraps, aluminum cans.....and so on. It is important to me that my art has cultural meaning, so I chose a wedding dress to indicate the excessive "marriage" between consumers and industry.


Tuesday, February 28, 2012


Day 28
   One more day!!!! I have been working all day and will continue to work all night in attempt to finish the dress before the grand finale tomorrow. I thought I would include a picture of the desk in my studio just to show you the type of environment that I have been living in this month. Absolute chaos. Looking back I can not believe how fast this month has gone. I really do not know how to express my gratitude to all of those who have been supporting me throughout this project. I also do not know how to describe how fortunate I am to be able to see this through. Well I have to get back to work and prepare, but stay tuned for tomorrow's update!! There will be some hilarious photos and commentary if this goes well.YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment