day one

day one
My name is Jo Nasvik and The Missoula Dress Project is a one-month performance art piece as part of my BFA thesis. As an artist I am interested in the intersection of street art, performance art, and drawing. During the month of February I have committed to wearing this wedding gown daily and will be sewing and pinning onto the dress the evidence of my consumption. Such as coffee cups, wrappers, plastic bags, paper scraps, aluminum cans.....and so on. It is important to me that my art has cultural meaning, so I chose a wedding dress to indicate the excessive "marriage" between consumers and industry.


Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 27
 So I finally found a place to put Bonny's tag. Bonny is the name of the dress. We joined forces today....I had to give a shout out to the dress because without the dress, the piece would not exist. We are a pair. I also tackled some of the phone book. I only have one more day to work and the amount of stuff that still needs to find a place is overwhelming. The end is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment